What would you have done?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you eat there often then you'll be there to point it out when his film goes bad.

I'll bet there are plenty of places to get food where you are at, maybe cheaper than this establishment, but there is a reason you go there. Might want to point that out to them too. :dunno

I agree you probably eat at his establishment because they have good food & not necessarily they are cheapest

I have done residential quotes before for say $500 where they say why so much? I say I just did your car for two hundred and you are getting the entire front of your house done for five, seems like a good deal to me.

They say, never thought of it like that

This just shows that a lot of people only have experience with automotive tint and have no idea what it costs to have their home or business done. Especially if they are customers who use the $99 any car shops, they think my car was $99 my house wont be much more.

I only do cars, but have had the same reaction from customers, usually below the age of 25. I won't lower my prices, and use only high quality product. If they don't like my price, they can go elsewhere. I find I am not tinting rust-buckets anymore :lol .

Well we went there again today and ate and I talked to her a little more about it. I told her everything I knew about the film and how it would help her in the long run by saving money and make the customers more comfortable. She told me even though I was more expensive she was considering using me anyways because she said my competitor, although cheaper, didn't tell her the advantages film can have.I also told her about my warranty and left her with some business cards and she said she would think on it before making a decision. Yesterday it seemed like her mind was made up already but Im thinking my persistence has paid off. I even left her with my sample deck and told her to look through it and ask her husband what he thought and she seemed to understand I wasn't there just to pad my pockets but to provide a service that would not only help me but it would help her out also which my competitor failed to do. And yes I realize in the long run I'm trying to make money and pay my bills but the last thing I want customers to think is I'm some hack trying to slap some film on and make a quick buck. Thanks for all the replies and I'll keep everyone updated on what happens in the next few days.

Guest T4Tint

Sometimes it's best to leave it be if after you gave them the benefits of your product and services. No need into cutting your price down to not make any money. Probably could be a customer that, albiet you do business with, in the end just not worth the hastle. You stated your case and if they still go elsewhere then a blessing in disguise. Wait for them to have the other guy do it and then be unsatisfied and you come to save the day. Now making more to remove the lackluster previous job then you can to a "I told you so" in the back of your head and be the hero in my opinion.

:thumb

I only do cars, but have had the same reaction from customers, usually below the age of 25. I won't lower my prices, and use only high quality product. If they don't like my price, they can go elsewhere. I find I am not tinting rust-buckets anymore :lol .

Reason anyone really wants to excel in thier field of expertise, pick and choose.

I will admit, my post would've read different if it was a friend/close acquintance asking me to tint their car. I always give friends discounts, but not enough to undercut a profit.

Sometimes giving too much of discounts to family/friends will bite you in the end. Personally have not charged any family/close friend full boat but like they say Charge your family/friends because your enemies don't come to you for work.

Ever notice when you do the "deal" car , that's the very car you screw up a window and have to redo cutting even further into an already reduced profit ?

Archived