What would you have done?

Yes, I feel you. Today I gave a close friend cousin a cheap price (bearly making money on him). He calls me up asking for more of a discount. I should have gave him the same price like everyone else. Even if you discount close friends, they will come back for warranty after 7 years. :blink Do they discount you on your food? Why discount people, if they dont discount you back? I only discount people that would do the same for me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main forte is 12 volt but regardless when and after the fact of a "Deal" for a friend/family I also have the tag.... If and when any warranty/repair work arrises remember full price = full service. discount price = discount service. Get to it when I get to it. they usually chuckle but with a :blink then I :lol2 Get what you pay for regardless. I can go on forever on why or why not to discount but most Im sure have experience on being burned by that one "friend or family" member.

Ever notice when you do the "deal" car , that's the very car you screw up a window and have to redo cutting even further into an already reduced profit ?

For sure, no good deed goes unpunished

My main forte is 12 volt but regardless when and after the fact of a "Deal" for a friend/family I also have the tag.... If and when any warranty/repair work arrises remember full price = full service. discount price = discount service. Get to it when I get to it. they usually chuckle but with a :blink then I :lol2 Get what you pay for regardless. I can go on forever on why or why not to discount but most Im sure have experience on being burned by that one "friend or family" member.

I know exactly what you mean, I dint expect a discount and I dint give one. I expect people I know to respect me and my prices and the people I know I will respect them and their prices. I decline most favors because I dint like being in anyones debt.

Guest just scotty

find a similiar product and match price, unless this is an extremely difficult install you should be be able to match price, everyone wants to hit the homerun, but u can still make a buck, eat well, and at least work with them on price, experienced tinters know price of film, there is not much difference, unless using one of those "exotic" products get in the same price range, just my 2 cents worth

find a similiar product and match price, unless this is an extremely difficult install you should be be able to match price, everyone wants to hit the homerun, but u can still make a buck, eat well, and at least work with them on price, experienced tinters know price of film, there is not much difference, unless using one of those "exotic" products get in the same price range, just my 2 cents worth

Experienced tinters may know the price of film but I doubt any good ones will tint for $2 sq ft. I wouldn't tint a commercial storefront for that even if the tint was free unless I was really hungry and desperate. Besides the way it usually goes is while you are working on that "make a buck" job the home run will call right in the middle of the job and you may likely loose the big fish because of the little one. Nothing wrong with a discount if you choose to do so but $2 a square is way below market value in most places.

Experienced tinters may know the price of film but I doubt any good ones will tint for $2 sq ft. I wouldn't tint a commercial storefront for that even if the tint was free unless I was really hungry and desperate. Besides the way it usually goes is while you are working on that "make a buck" job the home run will call right in the middle of the job and you may likely loose the big fish because of the little one. Nothing wrong with a discount if you choose to do so but $2 a square is way below market value in most places.

My thoughts exactly. I told her I could use a cheaper film but still couldn't come close to $2 sq ft. She did give me my sample deck today and told me thank you with nothing much more to say so it appears as if she's going to have someone else do it or not have it done at all. You live and learn though and as you said, I may have an even bigger job coming up with a new client. I'm not hanging my head though that's for sure.

Archived