Newer Impalas

Guest Chris91Z28

Guest Chris91Z28

I know this is old news but, screw the guy who designed the rear headrests on the Impalas. The rest of those cars are soooo easy and then you get to the back. He must have stock in the chiropractic industry.

Guest juliet

I know this is old news but, screw the guy who designed the rear headrests on the Impalas. The rest of those cars are soooo easy and then you get to the back. He must have stock in the chiropractic industry.

hahahahaha

haha I hear ya! I've done a few. Fold the seat down, take off the deck lid, and there's a bolt for each headrest. Makes life MUCH easier :thumb

Say what? I remember these as being a solid attachment, no removal of headrests. Am I thinking of another vehicle ?

Now I super confused...I found this pic online (clink link) but I don't remember the bottom of those seats folding down like that. Sadly I didn't take any pics while tinting any of the ones I've done.

I know for a fact I had to pull my tools out for the back glass on these cars, and that I used my plastic cup to hold bolts and what-not. I coulda sworn you have to un-bolt the headrests but now I'm second guessing myself. :dunno

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/impala/2006/photos/2006_chevrolet_impala_rint_fd_2.html

Guest Chris91Z28

The ones I'm talking about, the headrest is mounted into the front part of the rear deck, not connected to the seat. No removal unless you want to take apart a bunch of stuff. And they are freakin tall. Ridiculous. I didn't see any way of making that happen in a timely fashion. I think these are only on 2010 and newer. The two I did last week were 2011's. The pic says this one is a 2009.

2009-chevrolet-impala-50th-anniversary-edition-rear-seats.jpg

did an 08 yesterday and didnt even bother removing the headrest or look at how then came apart. Gotta do some other work to the same car tomorrow and I will peek at the back headrests and report my findings. Other than that a peice of cake car as all the seals come out with a little panel pulling but most know that.

Archived