Newbie!! Help

Hello all,

I'm diving into this head first with the help of a local shop owner letting me get my hands dirty. I'm wanting to buy some of the most common used tools I.e. scrappers, squeegees, cards, etc. Things I need to keep in my pouch that way I'm not having to crawl in and out of the car. I guess the tint bug has bitten me pretty bad... I've been surfing TD and youtube, hanging around the shop just trying to soak up everything I can. Any advice any of you tint vets would like to lend feel free to do so! Thanks in advance! :ppdance

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love to help, but it would be repetitive. Just keep searching the forum. There is tons of info available. Look on the side bar on the main forum page for suppliers, as well on the top of most threads. Just keep reading previous posts about noobs using the search function.

I had very little training and for the most part just started on my own similar to you. You're best bet is to be trained by a professional but if that's not an option just keep doing what you're doing. Search on here and watch YouTube. Look up a YouTube user named tintstuff, he has a lot of good tips and really walks you through the process on most things. There's some things you'll just have to learn at the school of hard knocks but whenever I had a problem I couldn't answer a few years ago I would always ask on here. You'll always get a few guys that will flame you but most of the people on here will help you when you need it. Good luck and always remember no matter how much film you waste or how long it takes to tint a vehicle always take pride in your work and don't let it leave your shop if you don't feel it's the best you can do!

If I could do it all over again (6 months ago, haha) I would have invested in stans dvds instead of the extra rolls of film. Even though I am pretty good now I still plan on getting them. I also agree with checking out some of the site sponsors for tools, film, etc.

I really enjoy it, might be because its just part time and dont rely on it for income though. Just the other day I got to meet some people, network, check out a cool GTI, had fun tinting it, felt good shrinking that back window, and walked away 2+ bills richer. Fun day!

Guest Tinter24

Welcome to the forum............... practice practice and practice but remember to practice the right way :beer

Cheers

Stan :prof

bottom line

get some cheap film and practice practice practice. watching videos are good for tips, especially when you run into a problem and need some tips on how to fix it. get some cheap 1 mil window film, if you can tint with that you can tint with anything. when you get to the good stuff in a 1.5 mil it makes tinting so much easier. just my opinion.

Archived