Car Stereo Question

2004 Grand Am, the display on the radio no longer lights up, but if you hold a flashlight close to it, you can see the sation and time.

If I was to get a used factory unit, does it have the theft code built in and how do I unlock it?

I have an aftermarket stereo that could be put in, but the price of a used one is less than the price of the kit and installation for the aftermarket.....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer

take it to a pro 123 , a great deal of the cars electronics run through the back of that radio . Coastie was spot on about the data link and if you have steering wheel controls its a whole other ball game . a used fact. unit will require a code . they can be gotten from the dealer , the ones here charge for it ...

Price just a kit, harness, and antenna adapter. If you get the kit for that car (not a giant multi-kit for all gm cars),

it's pretty easy. And wiring the harness is a snap. all the colors match the aftermarket radio, so you can't mess it up.

Guest filmslayer

Price just a kit, harness, and antenna adapter. If you get the kit for that car (not a giant multi-kit for all gm cars),

over 2 bills ....

over 2 bills ....

The relocate harness you can find for around $50, the kit shouldn't be more then $15, and the ant adapter around $5

The only really expensive harnesses are if the car has Bose and/or Onstar. Those get alittle crazy

Archived