If you haul your Filmhandler in a truck bed, do you let it get wet on

Your gonna dig this. I had the same situation. A chevy colorado has a 6' bed. My film handler and ladder didn't fit. a bed cover still would have done no good...solution? I took it upon myself to LEARN how to weld at my buddy's metal shop and make it myself.

Here it is from start to finish.

truckskeleton.jpg

truckshell.jpg

truckside.jpg

wrapped.jpg

:thumb That's pretty sweet. I am in the market for a taller shell for a canyon. I like how you tied it all in and even have an oversized access door. Nice job.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't want a camper shell why not something like this. http://www.sears.com..._SPM6020157902P

(maybe not this particular one, I know there are some that are more square for shipping.)

I like that idea too, I was really looking for a hard case but that would be better than nothing especially if it is water proof.

Get a cover for your truck. I've got a camper top on mine so everything stays nice and dry. The bed is also carpeted.

Yeah, that would work but a camper would prohibit me from carrying a motorcycle or such.

Pain in the ass, but they are removable. All it takes it's putting a hoist system in your shop and a couple of 2x4s to slide under the camper, then hoist it off the truck.

Guest thatsnappyguy

David, I'm glad to see you made the investment on the film handler. It shows that you are looking more into the flat glass side of the business, which is the better side if you ask me

David, I'm glad to see you made the investment on the film handler. It shows that you are looking more into the flat glass side of the business, which is the better side if you ask me

+1. Congrats on your transition Chris. Will you be attending the tint-off this year? Auto and flat or just flat?

What about you David?

Guest thatsnappyguy

Yes, I will be attending this year. I don't plan on competing in the auto section, but I am thinking about doing the flat glass tint off. I wonder if its going to be a lame competition like last years. I can imaging them having a double hung 27x32 or something like that. If its a competition, make it hard....Lets see a window thats 72" by 144". I did 60 of them a few weeks back.

Archived