Ideas and methods .....

I am fixing to do a strip on the windshield on my personal vehicle and around the rearview and rain sensor is dot matrix in kinda of U shape. I was thinking of using vinyl in this area on the inside. Would I need to put it on before the tint or after. I've been trying to post pics but I can't get one to load. It is a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander if that helps

I am fixing to do a strip on the windshield on my personal vehicle and around the rearview and rain sensor is dot matrix in kinda of U shape. I was thinking of using vinyl in this area on the inside. Would I need to put it on before the tint or after. I've been trying to post pics but I can't get one to load. It is a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander if that helps

I always put it on after the film :twocents

Thanks! I'm trying to darken it up in that AS1 area ;) I'm trying to avoid having to cut the jigsaw puzzle when tinting. So I was thinking trim around dot when cutting tint then just do it in vinyl. But will it look crazy from the outside? I know the vinyl will cover the "Charlie Foxtrot" on the inside. justin.smith6619@gmail.com

Painting with a black urethane primer will give it a solid black look (used to primer metal before glass is sealed in with urethane adhesive); just be very careful with the stuff; it may not streak when applied, but it can drip from the applicator onto an unprotected surface and then you really have an issue.

Smartie where do you buy this primer? Im sure it would be a good use for buttons on windows like the extended cab trucks and some hatches

You just need a blackout marker for those buttons. but an glass shop should be able to get you a bottle of primer. However these days alot of shops have gone to either clear primer or a primerless urethane.

Smartie where do you buy this primer? Im sure it would be a good use for buttons on windows like the extended cab trucks and some hatches

Auto glass suppliers or search it online under the 3M brand.

Edit: Oops! Didn't see C2C's post b4 reply, so you now have it in duplicate.

Archived