Yellow Turbo driving me nuts

the marks only occur when the squeegee edge dries up in one spot or another or hits a dry spot on the film surface.

Makes complete sense. This time of year (when the glass surface is warm) you could get small areas where the solution has evaporated before the squeegee reaches it.

Thanks Smartie & Tom - fantastic posts. Very, very helpful.

-Howard

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original Yello Turbo that doesn't leave marks is supplied by a tinter in the US; where he has them made is in question, but they are still available in LLuLu's network under part # 10366586 (18-inch). GDI tools sells them too, but off hand I do not know the number. I believe the tinter/supplier of the '1980's version' has limited capacity to produce and would easily be overwhelmed if the entire industry supply were to turn to him. Others from China have intruded into the supply over the last dozen years or so and they generally are stiffer and leave eraser marks.

You are exactly right Smartie. I agree with both you and EWF on this one. Unfortunately, there are companies that are selling knock-off items that look like the original, but do not perform like it. This is not limited to the yellow turbo. I have also seen this with hard cards and other items as well. The bad thing is that many of these suppliers do not bother to tell their customers that they have switched and continue to sell and promote these items as the original. Like EWF and others, Zola has made the decision to stay with the original manufacturers for the items that we carry. We have made the decision not to carry the less expensive, knock-off turbos, hard card/teflon cards, etc because in our experience the slightly lower price is not worth the lack of quality and consistency that typically accompany these knock-off items.

My advice would be to ask your tool supplier if they are selling the original items. Original yellow turbos should not leave erasure marks. :twocents

I have had issues with this as well. In my case it was not from a dry window because I usually mist it before I squeegee. The one I had was just poor quality and you could actually see the edge was different than the rest of the squeegee so now I know what to look for. To me the edge looked less solid if that makes sense and was slightly a different color.

Guest tintman561

Yellow turbo has been leaving scuff marking for years....I use the black squeegee for cleaning and the blue max with a handle to install.....works out great....

Archived