Yellow Turbo driving me nuts

Anyone else having the Yellow turbo leaving marks on the film ? It looks like the squeegee is actually deteriorating on the film as you squeegee. Brand spanking new one. PITA!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original Yello Turbo that doesn't leave marks is supplied by a tinter in the US; where he has them made is in question, but they are still available in LLuLu's network under part # 10366586 (18-inch). GDI tools sells them too, but off hand I do not know the number. I believe the tinter/supplier of the '1980's version' has limited capacity to produce and would easily be overwhelmed if the entire industry supply were to turn to him. Others from China have intruded into the supply over the last dozen years or so and they generally are stiffer and leave eraser marks.

This is yet another reason why Tintdude is worth it's weigh in gold. BIG Kudos to Tom for his thoughtful post.

We sell quite a few units per year on these. There have not been any reports of problems, but based upon this post, I just created an internal Trouble Ticket on this item. If there are any reports from our customers, I will post them here.

Thanks,

Howard

but they are still available in LLuLu's network under part # 10366586 (18-inch). GDI tools sells them too,

Thanks Smartie,

This could be why we have not had any problem reports. On this particular item, we are 'drinking from the same well" as they are.

-Howard

but they are still available in LLuLu's network under part # 10366586 (18-inch). GDI tools sells them too,

Thanks Smartie,

This could be why we have not had any problem reports. On this particular item, we are 'drinking from the same well" as they are.

-Howard

It's been common knowledge among some tool sellers, but the complaint numbers are relatively low based on the assumption the marks only occur when the squeegee edge dries up in one spot or another or hits a dry spot on the film surface.

Archived