Yellow Turbo driving me nuts

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used the yellow for an initial tack pass back years ago.  I found they got nicked and would catch the top edge of the film on a roll down so I started cutting down blue max auto blades and using them.  Now I just use my orange crush for both initial tack and final squeegee run!

I wanted to post a quick pic to try and show the difference in yellow turbos. It is hard to capture in pics, but here goes.

1424550_616386298420128_1379797840_n.jpg

Original on the left, knock off on the right. Original is slightly softer and a darker yellow. Knock off is slightly harder and has a lighter, more translucent color.

1465160_616386938420064_1666486529_n.jpg

Original on the left, knock off on the right. Original has rounded edges on the backside and the knock off has squared off edges.

Hope this helps!

To answer a couple questions that were asked of me, we do carry both of these items at InterwestTools.com and some people prefer the knock-off. The knock-off is harder so it pushes more water when installing high performance / thicker films. You just need to keep the film wet of it will leave an erasure mark where it passes over any dry spots. I call it the "knock-off" as the softer / darker yellow tube squeegee is the original turbo that has been around for many years. Hope that clarifies some points.

Please let me know if you have any other questions guys.

Archived