MikeMN Trans AM thread

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO that Grand Sport is destined to be a collectible especially that color combo. That blue is a great color and I like it on the regular Corvettes too. I think it was royal blue if I remember right. This is a great thread with my favorites, Corvettes, Trans Ams and now all it needs are some 80's & 90's Ferraris

The wheels were off a C5 I believe.

Here is the car the day I found it. Busted head gasket, full of snakes and spiders from a two year sit in this field.

a0feeca9.jpg

TGordon,

Was there another thread on here where you had just got that car and you were talking about getting it restored for you dad? Seems like if remember something like that unless I am getting confused about another forum

Yep, I posted something a while ago. Not sure if I ever gave an update.

I picked it up on a whim, I knew he always wanted one and it was a perfect opportunity. We fixed it up over about a 6 month period. My Dad was endlessly sending me new upgrade parts to install and he would fly out for a weekend here and there and help out. Once done, he and my Mom came out and drove it cross country to North Carolina then up to Michigan. He is pretty much the happiest guy on earth now he has this as his daily driver.

Pulling the motor to get started.

849292f6.jpg

On their way off to North Carolina. They were so thrilled. Best thing I've ever been able to do for my Dad, really rewarding to pay back the guy that helped me get started with my love for cars.

66251263.jpg

Archived