how are your numbers 1/2 way thru the year

I price almost every job over the phone. I think the deposit idea is great, but alot of people are turned off by having to pay a deposit. What if people who would show up are turned off by having them come to you for a price and they go else where to have their tint work done. I only get deposits on jobs over $1000 and no car I have ever tinted came close to that price.

Ill give you a anology. Call any body shop and ask them how much to paint your car? Let me know how many tell you over the phone you gotta come in for a estimate. Nuff said.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if people who would show up are turned off by having them come to you for a price and they go else where to have their tint work done.

Then thats your fault for not selling your self to the customer. If they are willing to come to your business after a phone call you got them 90% of the time if not more. Sounds like your not working on ending a sale if the customer is already in the door. And from looking at your store upgrades you should never have a problem closing a sale even if its over a few bucks. Sell your self.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I price almost every job over the phone. I think the deposit idea is great, but alot of people are turned off by having to pay a deposit. What if people who would show up are turned off by having them come to you for a price and they go else where to have their tint work done. I only get deposits on jobs over $1000 and no car I have ever tinted came close to that price.

Ill give you a anology. Call any body shop and ask them how much to paint your car? Let me know how many tell you over the phone you gotta come in for a estimate. Nuff said.

thats a whole different industry and has nothing to do with tinting. They want to see the car because when you give a person a price over the phone, by no means do you want to have to tell them a higher price in person. Body shops need to see the car because of body work that may have to be done. Tint prices over the phone for a car is never an issue of you know what car it is and if it has tint on it already.

I guess I have been doing this for so long that I dont worry about the no shows. I tint the ones thats show up as for no shows with auto tinting. It has been and always will be an issue to deal with. I am very lucky that I only get 1 or 2 no shows a week. I do find it better to get names and phone numbers for making appts.

thats a whole different industry and has nothing to do with tinting. They want to see the car because when you give a person a price over the phone, by no means do you want to have to tell them a higher price in person. Body shops need to see the car because of body work that may have to be done. Tint prices over the phone for a car is never an issue of you know what car it is and if it has tint on it already.

Snappy your point is well taken but there is always or can be some instances that you might not now without seeing the vehicle. Like you said existing tint that needs removal or vent guards all which can make a straight forward job just longer. Just did a 300M owner wanted front windows done as the rears were already done, Well guess what? Fronts were done previously and pulled off so all kinds of clean up in the seals needed done. Do what you want but I always want to see the vehicle unless its brand new and no vent guard gimmicks.

Guest thatsnappyguy

Snappy your point is well taken but there is always or can be some instances that you might not now without seeing the vehicle. Like you said existing tint that needs removal or vent guards all which can make a straight forward job just longer. Just did a 300M owner wanted front windows done as the rears were already done, Well guess what? Fronts were done previously and pulled off so all kinds of clean up in the seals needed done. Do what you want but I always want to see the vehicle unless its brand new and no vent guard gimmicks.

If there is something out of the ordinary like glue on the windows, thats different and I never had issues with telling the customer about it before I would start on it. Every once in a while I had a customer leave because they thought we were trying to screw them, but whatever see you later. Always sell your products and then yourself, but never sell yourself short.

As far as the deposits go, I get one for every job. I got one customer that haggled me down $500 to get the job done. I finally agreed, and then he refused to give me a deposit. ok, I needed some of the film anyway for another job so I ordered extra, no he calls and says that he dont want that film no more, he just wants a neutral now and also wants more of a discount even more since its "not as nice" of a film. I had enough and told him I cant help him.

Deposits and a signed contract, no matter who it is. I dont care if its for $100, get a contract and deposit.

Guest thatsnappyguy

so do you charge extra to tint a car with ventshades on it verses a car without ventshades?

exactly. I have never not been able to do a car because of vent shades.

Absolutely if said window needs shrinking. Try cutting and shrinking a Dodge based car with those in your way. You cant tell me it sucks. Thats me though maybe others have some magical way to get around that if so I still havent found it.

so do you charge extra to tint a car with ventshades on it verses a car without ventshades?

exactly. I have never not been able to do a car because of vent shades.

I never said I could not do one but more hastle and if you say its not a big deal see previous post.

Archived