Hair in window tint...

Guest 91TwighlightGT

Guest 91TwighlightGT

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here for a little while, and have done a little amatuer tinting on my Mustang. Overall, I am very happy with the result, but I have one defect that I am concerned (or bothered, at least) about. I tried really hard to keep it clean, but unfortunately got a hair in the middle of my rear glass. The rest of the tint is really good, too, so I really don't want to redo it. If there is nothing that can be done, I would rather leave it than redo it and end up with a worse result next time.

So, is there any way to minimize it at all? Should I heat it or attempt to remove some how? I wouldn't really be bothered by the hair line in it, but the air around it makes it look worse. Thanks for any advice.

Drive the car! Don't let the car drive you! You said amateur tint job so live with it or keep redoing rear glass just because minor flaws so you can find out how much time and money you can waste. Want a better result pay a professional to do it right.

Guest 91TwighlightGT

Drive the car! Don't let the car drive you! You said amateur tint job so live with it or keep redoing rear glass just because minor flaws so you can find out how much time and money you can waste. Want a better result pay a professional to do it right.

Yeah, you are right. I just want to minimize it as much as possible, if possible :)

Guest 91TwighlightGT

photo.jpg

Here is a (crappy) pic of it. I figured maybe a syringe with some solution at the top of the hair, then try and loosen it and pull it out. It'd probably make it worse, though. It is about 1.5 inches long.

Or just wait a few weeks and see if I can push it down around the edges...

Oh well :(

Here is the whole glass...

Mustanghatchglass-1.jpg

Guest CZtint

there is one thing you can do, but with all respect I am not sure if amateur can do it,

"some" kind of hairs and other textile things can be heated and just made less visible with "lil chizler" squeegee. if natural color of that hair or whatever it is is dark, what is making it visible is air around it, as it dont let film lay on glass properly, so you basically heat up that area with heat gun and then press those little air channels around a hair with chizler, this way you force film to stick on glass so it will go dark and you make hair to be "heated in" film.

this way you can minimize its appearance, but you'll never make it invisible, it just won't be spotted on 1st sight,

problem is if you heat it less, you won't stick film and won't push hair into film, if you heat too much, you will burn hair and it will go white and you make it super visible:)

if you can live with it, live with it, if you decide to redo, try the thing above, even if you burn it, it's still experience :)

Good luck

P.S.: sorry for crappy english, lack of vocabulary sometimes makes things hard to explain exactly

Edited by CZtint

Guest 91TwighlightGT

there is one thing you can do, but with all respect I am not sure if amateur can do it,

"some" kind of hairs and other textile things can be heated and just made less visible with "lil chizler" squeegee. if natural color of that hair or whatever it is is dark, what is making it visible is air around it, as it dont let film lay on glass properly, so you basically heat up that area with heat gun and then press those little air channels around a hair with chizler, this way you force film to stick on glass so it will go dark and you make hair to be "heated in" film.

this way you can minimize its appearance, but you'll never make it invisible, it just won't be spotted on 1st sight,

problem is if you heat it less, you won't stick film and won't push hair into film, if you heat too much, you will burn hair and it will go white and you make it super visible:)

if you can live with it, live with it, if you decide to redo, try the thing above, even if you burn it, it's still experience :)

Good luck

P.S.: sorry for crappy english, lack of vocabulary sometimes makes things hard to explain exactly

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Any idea where I should buy that "lil chizler" squeegee?