Need cut software recommendations

Since I am dropping auto tinting, I will no longer need to carry FirstCUT, so I am looking for something else. I am keeping my plotter because we use it for resi/comm jobs. I am using Inkscape currently, but have been using FlexiStarter as a cut program. I want something relatively user friendly. I don't want anything automotive related, so Im thinking in terms of Ai and Corel and the like, and can these be used as a cutting software as well?

I own/use Ai and Corel but not for cutting. With the right plotter most manufacturers have drivers for cutting. A professional option is CoCut for Ai or Corel. If I were to want to cut from Corel I would probably pick up CoCut.

Personally I use Signlab Vinyl Pro and Flexi Pro for my cut work as I do quite a bit of print designing out to subs. I find them easier/faster production wise. I dislike Ai for anything but the odd file conversion problem. I do quite a bit of designing in CorelDraw and flip flopping files into Flexi or Signlab for different effects or toolsets that I like more.

Hope that all makes sense and helps in some way.

Archived