48" or 54" printer

Looking to see what everyone's take is on this, sign warehouse has a 48" for a certain amount and then to go with a 54" is almost $10K more. Why is this? Can some one please help me with the pros and cons of the two. I am looking to purchase one, but I want to know if its worth the extra money. I notice 48" material is harder to find outside of sign warehouse. Thanks

Far too many variables in what you have stated to give any worthwhile info. The only thimg I would answer on your info is that Sign Warehouse is not your only option by a long shot. You may find it very useful to search and ask some questions over at signs101.com as well.

I have started searching and will continue over there.

Cool.

I would draw up a list of variables that you are trying to fulfill. Solvent or latex? Ink cost? Mediums you need to produce? One thing I have learned is that there are a number of good printers out there and many different uses that some of them are better than others at. Don't sell yourself short on size.

Probably most important of all is where is your service rep going to be located. A great priced printer is no good if it takes a week for the service rep to get out to you when (not if) you break down.

Archived