disclaimer for shield removal

Again looking for some help im sure one of my fellow PPF installers has a disclaimer, allot better than I can come up with, if anyone out there has one there willing to share I would greatly appreciate it, I have recently worked on a few cars, and have had issues with paint coming off in the process of removing old shield. Recently we were working on a ferarri and the paint peeled off of course we did not have the customer sign a disclaimer, making us responsible for the paint. If anyone has some ideas or a disclaimer there willing to share agin I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks..

Here is what I use. Never had any issues... knock on wood.

"I hereby authorize the requested work and grant Pro-Tect employees permission to operate the vehicle. An express Mechanic's Lien is hereby acknowledged to guaranty for the full cost of work performed, and I agree to pay all costs for the collection of unpaid amounts. I am also responsible to notify Pro-Tect Mobile about any new or repainted vehicle parts. Pro-Tect Mobile is not responsible for any paint damage that may occur on new or repainted vehicle parts during the removal of any previously applied paint protection film. I have read and agree to the above."

Than have them sign it and you should be fine.

Guest Invisibra.net

Here is what I use. Never had any issues... knock on wood.

"I hereby authorize the requested work and grant Pro-Tect employees permission to operate the vehicle. An express Mechanic's Lien is hereby acknowledged to guaranty for the full cost of work performed, and I agree to pay all costs for the collection of unpaid amounts. I am also responsible to notify Pro-Tect Mobile about any new or repainted vehicle parts. Pro-Tect Mobile is not responsible for any paint damage that may occur on new or repainted vehicle parts during the removal of any previously applied paint protection film. I have read and agree to the above."

Than have them sign it and you should be fine.

That would be good to have at the bottom of the invoice the customer signs.

But, I've always just verbally warned customers about removing any type of adhesive-backed product, and have never had a problem. The couple times paint came off, the customer understood and knew that there was a chance of paint removal, and did not try to get me to pay.

We also have a verbal discussion with the customer. I think its more about not being surprised or blind sided than anything. we also will do a walk through of the car. Many times we'll find discoloration in the paint which proves that it has had work done on it. Sometimes we'll see nicks or chips in the paint before the install has even begun. It's all about making sure the customer's expectations are not above what they should be.

Pro-tect,Speed ,Jamie,Invisibra,Thanks All great discl.. Pro-Tect Thanks..Speed- I talked to the paint shop, the owner was very knowledgable about high end imports,Told me that All Ferraris, Lambos,Etc are hand made not production cars so someone actually preps those panels by hand.He pointed out that on each area where the paint lifted,(there was a rock-pit that started the process) which I wasnt aware . The customer was alot more understanding after talking with the body guy.

Thanks for the input and post.

Archived