blk out and daul pane tinted

I recently bid a job for blk out. The windows are all DP tinted annealed, is Avery blk cast ok on these for exterior? Another company offered interior polyester blk out but laying down silver 20% first :blink Whats your thoughts on this, I always thought interior blk out was a no go unless windows were SP or DP tempered (I still wouldn't go interior blk out on dp temp. :twocents) :dunno

Silver first them blackout is just going to be a hot plate. Cast vinyl exterior is still going to be hot as he//. If there is ANY flaws on the edge of the glass they will break. .....Ask me how I know.

. .....Ask me how I know.

I'll bite . how do you know ?

Last year we did a storefront for a GC who was building a wall against the glass, and did not want to see the studs. He wanted Blackout. It was CIG. After telling him 300 times that it was a bad idea and he should either use Matt Silver, Total light block white or white frost and screw black Polly to the studs on the framework......Nope, He decided silver with Blackout behind it would do just fine.......4 out of 6 broke.

Archived