Need help reducing back seat glare on laptop screen

I got a new car, and would like to find out what tint is going to help me reduce the glare that comes in on the laptop screen.

I routinely ride around in the back seat of my car, where I do work on my laptop. The laptop has the glossy screen (Apple doesn't offer a MacBook Pro in a matte finish in my size) which makes it very hard to use it in direct sunlight. When the sun comes in through the windows, the laptop glossy screen turns into a mirror, just like using a glossy smartphone outside in direct sunlight.

I'm not sure how easy or a question this is, or how routine of a request it is, but that is my number one priority.

Second priority would be heat reduction.

As a side note, since I'm using Cell Phone, Mobile Hot Spot, Bluetooth, Wifi, and more inside the cars back seat, (it's like a mobile office for me) something that won't block those signals would be important.

Thanks for any advice you can provide, I really want to tint it right the first time.

Limo and legal in CA behind the front doors.

I was hoping to see if there is a tint that specifically deals with glare. Certainly Limo, or even black paint, would work, but I was curious if there are any new technologies out there. Similar to the glare reducing perforated-hole window shades luxury cars have.

You basically need the dark film to catch all the light. Technology must coexist with physics. :twocents

Would all dark tint catch the glare the same (ceramic, non ceramic, all brands equal)? I know ceramic has "other" advantages, but when comparing just for glare, does any particular kind of tint make a difference?

IE if you have the cheapest dyed film ever made and it has a VLT of 5% then it would have pretty much the same effect as a 5% VLT of say a ceramic or metalized film. The only other thing that may need to be factored in is the amount of interior reflection. This is not worth as much thought as VLT though, IMO.

IE if you have the cheapest dyed film ever made and it has a VLT of 5% then it would have pretty much the same effect as a 5% VLT of say a ceramic or metalized film. The only other thing that may need to be factored in is the amount of interior reflection. This is not worth as much thought as VLT though, IMO.

Thanks. Now I've just gotta decide on a type of tint. A friend recommended Formua 1 Pinnacle. Any reason not to do that type?

Archived