Tint lifted off of dot matrix.... fix it?

I used to have trouble many years ago Bob when dot matrix first came out, the solution then was to sand all dot matrix with 1000 - 1200 grade wet and dry paper then go over with 000 grade steel wool. Sounds low tech but I've never had any troubles with any car since I started doing this.

Hope this helps.

Darren.

Glue has been my go-to method for a the last couple years. I have had it make a mess on me a couple times, but now with more experience, and a syringe, it's no biggie. I also got some glue sticks to try out.

These dots were just a bugger! I posted this looking for more info on vinyl, since I haven't tried it. I think I'll give it a go on this particular window, and if the customer hates it I'll just redo the whole thing anyway.

As far as the glue fading, we are at the very bottom of the UV intensity scale. It's tough to get a tan here in the middle of summer..... I'm barely exaggerating. I have little fear of glue fading on me.

thanks for the info.

Glue has been my go-to method for a the last couple years. I have had it make a mess on me a couple times, but now with more experience, and a syringe, it's no biggie. I also got some glue sticks to try out.

These dots were just a bugger! I posted this looking for more info on vinyl, since I haven't tried it. I think I'll give it a go on this particular window, and if the customer hates it I'll just redo the whole thing anyway.

As far as the glue fading, we are at the very bottom of the UV intensity scale. It's tough to get a tan here in the middle of summer..... I'm barely exaggerating. I have little fear of glue fading on me.

thanks for the info.

Hey man, long time no see! We painted for years........... faster than glue and surprisingly not very messy, Last few years been been using Oracal vinyl and have never had a issue with it sticking. I have heard of glue turning into a white crystal mess. It might be the local weather making a difference, The person telling me about the glue going bad was from Vegas..... anyone see it before? Come by and say hey next time you get down south.

cheers

Stan

Archived