Suntek film creasing

I intalled suntek hp on my vehicle over a year ago and within a short time you can see dozens and dozens of lines that look like faint creases. Oh and the scratch coat is pure shiat. My brother has the same film on his car for about 3 years and it started delaminating at the top. I've heard others say that this film also turns purple quickly, which im not gonna doubt.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I intalled suntek hp on my vehicle over a year ago and within a short time you can see dozens and dozens of lines that look like faint creases. Oh and the scratch coat is pure shiat. My brother has the same film on his car for about 3 years and it started delaminating at the top. I've heard others say that this film also turns purple quickly, which im not gonna doubt.

Yet so many people continue to use it. :dunno

You have to be very delicate when handling Suntek. As others have described, we call them "zerks" heh. Suntek does it so easily and no, they won't go away. It's when the film forms a tiny triangle shape and corners on itself when bunching, sliding, lifting or pulling liner off to tuck. Most other films won't have this problem but for some reason suntek is terrible at creating zerks with simple handling. Which is why my "opinion" on it is crap as I have stated in other threads.

Guest TKTinter

hmm...ive been using suntek for about 7yrs now...since I started. I have noticed the "crease" in the window before but it fades out after time. hope I dont start having issues with this film...maybe I should consider switching... :woot2

Guest VaTinterPMan

Suntek is a great film for a lot of people I think :twocents but there has have been some problems with scratching and its not really creasing its more of a " Pinch " in the adhesive...You know to each I own. I still use it some its a good film to offer. I believe or like that it is good to carry a multiple number of films for my customer to choose from. If they don't like most of them they are bound to like one...So I carry 3 to 4 companies....

I've noticed this same problem with it, Kept thinking I was doing something wrong..yep, I'm a newbie. Not knocking the film, but maybe it's ok in the hands of peeps with more experience. 

I did 2 VW 2014 in Brisbane yesterday with paint protection as well, took about 5 hours to do a car. Big day but my tinting has gotten better, have not done a tint job for 2 months, glad to see that all the help from this forum had stuck with me.

My next issue is to stop dropping my tools inside the damn door frame lol

I've noticed this same problem with it, Kept thinking I was doing something wrong..yep, I'm a newbie. Not knocking the film, but maybe it's ok in the hands of peeps with more experience.

I did 2 VW 2014 in Brisbane yesterday with paint protection as well, took about 5 hours to do a car. Big day but my tinting has gotten better, have not done a tint job for 2 months, glad to see that all the help from this forum had stuck with me.

My next issue is to stop dropping my tools inside the damn door frame lol

Aah don't you hate that? What really sucks is when it falls into a panel you haven't removed yet.

Archived