Illinois and Missouri Tinters, need advice

Our shop is on the edge of Toronto literally one minute away from an intersection of a north south and an east west highway intersection. Gets us where we gotta be fast for the commercial work and if anyone needs to get to us its real easy access.

I don't know your traffic patterns where you are or where you want to be but have a good look at all your options. Easy access and good frontage for "drive by " free advertising is worth a lot.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our shop is on the edge of Toronto literally one minute away from an intersection of a north south and an east west highway intersection. Gets us where we gotta be fast for the commercial work and if anyone needs to get to us its real easy access.

I don't know your traffic patterns where you are or where you want to be but have a good look at all your options. Easy access and good frontage for "drive by " free advertising is worth a lot.

totally agree. We found a place that is nearly perfect on the Illinois side. Gonna do some more research, I really don't think I want to regrow a biz, and I don't want to move again until we either build a building or sell the biz.

smaller shop and cheap rent sound better to me. If it is a location without alot of traffic, put more $$$ into advertising. I used to travel and teach tint years back. Some shops in poor locations would put up to 10% gross sales to advertising. If your space is limited, take a hard look at what you can do to improve production. run a break even anaylisis on your shop and compare it to what it would be in a more expensive location. Might be suprised how much more work you have to do to crack the nut.

Archived