My first real security film install

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is a "right angle" glass edge to frame then I'd pull the rubbers if they are thick and put in shims. :twocents

It's the same as my store front in that picture.

Ok, I see it now.

Pentagon makes a few options, one of which allows you to pull the gasket and replace it with the attachement system... it is all built in. I think it is the GSS-R or F?

You can also get it in different sizes so that you can go right over the gasket on the side windows, you just need to measure the width that you will need. For the door, since it is a shallow frame I would "Z frame" it rather than doing the 90 degree angle attachment.

If it is a "right angle" glass edge to frame then I'd pull the rubbers if they are thick and put in shims. :twocents

It's the same as my store front in that picture.

Ok, I see it now.

Pentagon makes a few options, one of which allows you to pull the gasket and replace it with the attachement system... it is all built in. I think it is the GSS-R or F?

You can also get it in different sizes so that you can go right over the gasket on the side windows, you just need to measure the width that you will need. For the door, since it is a shallow frame I would "Z frame" it rather than doing the 90 degree angle attachment.

Yeah, I have the Z-LOK for the door, and was going to do the 90* on the windows. What I was referring to was the actual tint installation. Normally I would pull then replace the rubbers, but their instructions and documentation says to do it this way.

Advanced%20Elite.jpg

There's a specific way to install that stuff and it be effective. Make sure they know you

haven't ever done any. They should be helpful.

And once it's on, PUSH on it Hard everywhere to get a good bond for the tape. We altered

a glaziers roller tool to have a teflon block where the roller was and really bared down on it.

You can see the bond to the film side reflected from surface #2 (if they're IG) if there is

good lighting outside. Hope that makes sense.

Archived