My first real security film install

Putting together a job for a friend. I've done some 7 mil on on the store front a couple different times for practice, but this time I'm leaving the shop. It's pretty much the same as my store front, aluminum framing with the pull out rubber gasket, and one door with the aluminum sash. I'm also going to be installing an anchor.

basically it's about 70' x 48" 8mil perimeters measure about 176'

From what I can tell I will need a backer rod, pull the rubbers and wet glaze the windows in and the rubbers will not be reinstalled? The door will need the aluminum sash reinstalled. From what I've seen, one tube is good for about 15' of wet glaze which works out to about a case? Makes sense because that is about the perimeter of a windshield and a windshield takes about a tube. I might get a couple singles just in case.

Is there anything I'm missing out on? I am going to need to schedule some drying time between the film install and the wet glaze install.

All in all I think I am ready for this, I have a fair amount of experience laying beads from flat glass and auto glass installation. Any suggestions? Am I missing anything?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived