3m training

Just got back yesterday. I was satisfied with the training. It was sort of costly, but after you take the training you realize why...I went through twice the amount of film practicing than the class costed. Got good experience with hoods, bumpers, mirrors, and fenders, and then you take a test at the end to become 3m certified for scotchgard. This particular training was in Baltimore at a distributor, money well spent.

Guest chipguard

We offer training up here in Canada. It's a good course. It's a great add-on to a tinters skill set. Plus it's good margins.

Are you cutting your own film though? Or are you buying pre-cut kits? We usually train people on the 3M scotchgard ppf before we train them on the tint since the tinting is so much more difficult.

Be aware that if you do not regularly BUY 3M film, they won't list you as a certified installer. I went through the class, got my certified number, but I'm not listed on their website as a certified installer. Nice, eh?

But, it's still worth it to get their certification, especially if you are a noob.

Archived