Vette lexan/acrylic targa top: what do you use?

Bizzar1

I have several customers (in a vette club) that want their targa tops tinted. What do you guys use? Some have tried the static cling tint with poor results stating it will fall off in high temp days and actually shrink. Some have purchased the cling preformed vynil but that is more like a window wrap material with the small holes and doesnt block enough heat. Any suggestions?

This is a bloody annoying problem. I had a CAT excavator in the other day and couldnt touch it as all the windows were perspex.

The poor operator was cooking in there.

Maddy and Hanita have offerings but only in silver, I wonder how a transluscent vinyl might go? Wouldnt be fantastic heat cutout but still...?

This is a bloody annoying problem. I had a CAT excavator in the other day and couldnt touch it as all the windows were perspex.

Maddy and Hanita have offerings but only in silver, I wonder how a transluscent vinyl might go? Wouldnt be fantastic heat cutout but still...?

Translucent vinyl is blurry to look through.

Translucent vinyl is blurry to look through.

Yeah and doesnt do much for heat , longevity is a prob as well - frustrating when we cant come up with a solution for a custy

Sounds like whoever comes up with a solution might be on to something. A coupke of them spent the money, put ctx all around with an air80 windshield but is still baking in it. One custy said some of the guys bought a separate targa for hot days but would really prefer the see-through tops. I don't know I guess they like lookin at the clouds heh.

I have done a few different things trying to solve this same issue.

1st was cling on film. Works well but can fail in high temps.

2nd was black vinyl. Works very well, but sometimes they want to see out...

3rd was to make a removable sunshade, very similar to late model T/A or Camaro.

#3 has been the most popular so far. It looks good while in use and can be removed whenever desired.

I have made half dozen or so through the years.

Didn't have the forethought to make and keep a pattern though.

I just patterned them to each one.

Check a local upholstery shop. See if they can help.

If not. I might be able to make one. I need to find a vette donor

to pattern by tho.

Archived