FlexFilm from Georgia

I have been talking to them and have been thinking of giving it a try.............. didn't know they did training :eye

Ralf the owner is a pretty knowledgeable, personable person but I would like to know where it is made??

cheers all

................ if I decide to give it a try I will give a report on my thoughts as far as install and ability to up-sell with the heat lamp :beer

As far as I am aware, they do not teach you to tint from scratch. Just just provide lessons on certain techniques or processed that will help you. Their website also doesn't state anything about training a tinter A-Z so I think there is miscommunication on that one. The heat lamp is a slam dunk if you have someone on the fence...50%-60% of our jobs are Ceramic and the heat lamp assists on some of them.

I also use and love their films. I've asked Joe Dirte several times what he prefers. He's yet to answer. I guess we need to find out who he works for to see what he prefers :twocents

I was wondering how long it would be before you jumped in on this thread. I have not gotten to try their film out yet.

Guest VaTinterPMan

I talked to the guy one day when I was looking around at films to try out...I have the price list if you want me to send it to you...He knows a lot about film and has a lot of great videos...Some of the information I don't agree with but I am hard headed, only 10 years exp for me and about 25 for him so I'm sure he might be right in the long run...

But the film, I told him or asked how about a sample to really see what its like....He said no, only that I could by a whole roll and if I didn't like it I could send it back full refund. Sorry but I'm no fool, I don't want to take a chance and maybe get some :poop and be stuck with it....

I talked to the guy one day when I was looking around at films to try out...I have the price list if you want me to send it to you...He knows a lot about film and has a lot of great videos...Some of the information I don't agree with but I am hard headed, only 10 years exp for me and about 25 for him so I'm sure he might be right in the long run...

But the film, I told him or asked how about a sample to really see what its like....He said no, only that I could by a whole roll and if I didn't like it I could send it back full refund. Sorry but I'm no fool, I don't want to take a chance and maybe get some :poop and be stuck with it....

EXACTLY! Thus the reason for my posting about them. I love the idea of saving money and it has paid off for me in the past. But I have also gotten burned by buying film from a New England distributor who swore his film was the latest and greatest out there. Now I am VERY careful before buying from people I don't know. I cannot afford to risk my reputation on someone's "claims". :nono :nono :nono

I have been talking to them and have been thinking of giving it a try.............. didn't know they did training :eye

Ralf the owner is a pretty knowledgeable, personable person but I would like to know where it is made??

cheers all

................ if I decide to give it a try I will give a report on my thoughts as far as install and ability to up-sell with the heat lamp :beer

As far as I am aware, they do not teach you to tint from scratch. Just just provide lessons on certain techniques or processed that will help you. Their website also doesn't state anything about training a tinter A-Z so I think there is miscommunication on that one. The heat lamp is a slam dunk if you have someone on the fence...50%-60% of our jobs are Ceramic and the heat lamp assists on some of them.

Incorrect. I personally worked with a detailer that went there for a weekend training session. They had him tint his gf car several times. Each time removing what he installed. They claimed he should be able to tint a car after that. They gave him two rolls of tint 40x100 and tools for installation. Needless to say, this detailer could not tint anything. So I have personally seen their "training" and used the film. Neither of which I would recommend.