FlexFilm from Georgia

Ok, so yesterday I was contacted by the sales girl for FlexFilm.

Never heard of them but they claim they have their film "assembled" the same way 3M does by buying the poly from Martinsville VA, and glue, scratch coat, etc. etc. from others and have it boxed with their logo on it.

Then the owner called today and was telling me how they have been tinting for 26 years and decided to start selling film. They have some pretty informative videos on You Tube. His BIG selling film is an IR film he says has great heat reduction values and sells very well with a heat lamp.

My question is - Has anybody heard of these guys and better yet do any of you guys use their films?

Thanks in advance for the feedback

:thumb

We do 100%...great quality films. They are refining their line and now down to High Performance (UltraFlex), Color Stable (OmniFlex), Carbon (TerraFlex), and Ceramic IR (Panaflex). Ultra is a pretty standard HP film with a thin layer of metal with no reported interference issues, Omni I would say is better than 3M CS and Llumar ATC, Terra will be a true Carbon film versus Suntek Carbon, and Panaflex is similar to Crystalline but much easier to install.

Guest JoeDirte

Korean product.....(They do not get anything from Martinsville)

IR is great on the 'French Fry lamp'...... but that is at a certain wave length and only at the wave length....

Who knows how long this film will last? Is it worth risking the reputation of your business?

IR is great on the 'French Fry lamp'...... but that is at a certain wave length and only at the wave length....

Who knows how long this film will last? Is it worth risking the reputation of your business?

Their current lineup is not Korean film. Their original line included EconoFlex and SpectraFlex which was Korean imported film, but they no longer carry it.

Is the IR Film any good? Their videos are cool.

IMO, it is as good as 3M Crystalline in real world experience. One of my cars is tinted in 3M Crystalline 40% all the way around and 50% on the windshield/sunroof. One another vehicle I have the PanaFlex 35% all the way around and 50% on the windshield/sunroof. Both vehicles feel about the same when I get in them and the AC/Heat kicks in extremely fast. It is a millions times easier to install than Crystalline though. IR being important or not, it is still a Ceramic window film that has great heat reduction. Once again, this is opinion only based on my experience.

Edited by DynamicSound

Well I know they offer a training course and claim to be able to teach someone how to tint in a weekend. I've worked with a "graduate" of this course. He couldn't even clean a window properly. The film he brought back reminded me of Sol-tek. Which was garbage. Personally I'd stick with a name brand or at least one that more than one person can vouch for. Just my :twocents

I have been talking to them and have been thinking of giving it a try.............. didn't know they did training :eye

Ralf the owner is a pretty knowledgeable, personable person but I would like to know where it is made??

cheers all

................ if I decide to give it a try I will give a report on my thoughts as far as install and ability to up-sell with the heat lamp :beer

JD, does this red french fry lamp give different results than the regular spotlight? :dunno