problems w graphtec CE5000 plotter

Jays

thats the thing one of the Jaguars I used in tint school hada brake on it. and this graphtec doesnt. and right now its just me working so im kinda screwed. I just dont think it should have been sold to me as "the best plotter for PPF" if I have to go and rig it to make it work. For the amount of money I paid I shouldnt have to be dealing w this crap. but I guess it is what it is. And although these companies are not much help I guess ill deal with it on my own. which kinda sucks cause you go and spend money w certain companies and after they get your money they could care less.

Guest kccartint

You will have to babysit the roll and use your hand as a brake. Just the weight of ppf is enough to keep the rollers spinning when enough material is outn These were designed for vinyl and even most vinyl is lighter than ppf. I havent used a jaguar but wonder if the rollers have a brake on them.

What I'm getting at is its not a problem with the plotter or setup. Its one of those "it is what it is" type of deals. Our plotter feeds onto a table. Tint can you can plot it and walk away. Vinyl needs to be watched as it feeds and helped out when pushed. Ppf needs 2 guys just due to the weight of it. One in front of the plotter so it doesnt stick on the table, and one behind gently applying pressure to the roller acting as a brake so it doesnt unravel.

If you wrap a bungee cord around the rollers it will stop the film from going past your stopping point. Works good when your on the last quarter of a tint roll too.

Guest kccartint

With a little tention on both they will no longer turn free and bungee cord is easy on and off. Since all bungee cords have an ancor point that ancor point will keep it from acting like a belt and continuing to roll. You can even tie a small weight of some sort to one rollor as well. Your just looking to put resistance on the rollors to stop the momentum of the film once its pre feeded.

Archived