1/2" Laminated Glass

Well, I can't determine whether it is HS or tempered so just I'm going to assume it is annealed and go from there. Thanks for the response fellas :thumb

There are two ways you can tell:

1. Buy a Strengthened Glass Meter and get the most conclusive answer
  2. Or use a pair of polarized glasses to look for stress patterns

Otherwise, like you said... assume it's annealed. :thumb

Well, I can't determine whether it is HS or tempered so just I'm going to assume it is annealed and go from there. Thanks for the response fellas :thumb

Rob, do you know if when looking through polarized glasses, if the pattern you see will look different if the glass is HS or tempered ........ ?

Rob, do you know if when looking through polarized glasses, if the pattern you see will look different if the glass is HS or tempered ........ ?

I don't Mike but that is a great question. I see different patterns on known Tempered but I've never checked HS through my sunglasses. I think I'll go find me some HS glass and see if there is a difference. :thumb

I don't Mike but that is a great question. I see different patterns on known Tempered but I've never checked HS through my sunglasses. I think I'll go find me some HS glass and see if there is a difference. :thumb

I do not either, I would also like to know, let me know what you find out .............. :thumb

Archived