2013 Acura ILX

carolinatinter

Came across an ILX the other day and the door panels are not like youre typical honda / acura. They redesigned the plate in front of the interior handle with a pressure clip opposed to the tabs that used to slide in place. The rubber insert that is in the handle on the interior, isn't a seperate piece and does not remove as easy. If you pop up the window switch plate, there isnt anything behind it. It seems like you have to remove the arm rest piece to take out the new handle insert that is a curved plastic. I didn't want to break anything so I stopped when I was ahead and just top hung the car. If anyone has any advice on this car dealing with the panels, I would like to hear your input / advice.

hi i work at an acura dealer and just did my first ilx. th side windows are easy. the side quarter glass has alot of curves to it on the edges. i handcut one and reverse cut the other and it worked fine. the rear window is very tight at the bottom corners!!!!

as for the door panels.....take out the 2 screws behind the handle. then pry up the little rectangle piece of rubber inside the armrest and there is 1 phillips in there. then pull the door panel off towards you. do not pull up on it!!

The side windows and seal tightness were a lot like a Chevy Cruze, with a little more rubber on the side channels. When they are like this I like to go ahead and release the panel just enough to drop the film in. I had a little trouble releasing the rubber piece in the door pull without knicking it up...my trick was to pop the window switch out and stick my hand in and push up the rubber from underneath. I saw what carolina tinter was talking about but pushing up on the rubber from underneath, don't remove it, just bend it enough to get to the screw-Very easy. Quarters are a little tight in the corners but do-able.

FYI the top brake light cover pops out easy too if you want to tint behind it.

Dark glass from factory-I installed 35 on this one!

post-33967-0-99455500-1411727180_thumb.j

Archived