Six calls today, which wanted 5%

FBO

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The waiver the customer signs CLEARLY states their vehicle is/will be used for SHOW and OFFROAD applications with a definition of what that vehicle type is ie: not drivin on any roadways or highways and is trailered to and fro and releases me and/or my company of any and all liabilities. The waiver I have was paid for and typed up by an attorney to hold up in court if the case were to ever arise. Yeah, I tint them "illegal" but also abide by the technical "legal" laws meaning, the only cars I put darker than legal on are SHOW and OFFROAD vehicles...which my customers appearently own a crapload of hehehe. The rest of you...

hypocrite.jpg

I would say that if the car has license plates or any sort of registration allowing it to be driven then it is NOT OFFROAD or SHOW ONLY....sorry....

I have refused to do 5% on the fronts the last year. Do very little 20% as well.....mostly doing 35% on the fronts lately.

We warn every customer of the law and safety issues associated with limo tint and if they still want it we install but no warranty or receipt and must pay with cash (no paper trail). Hey the economy sucks right now and we arent going to refuse a payday. Besides we would be out of business if all we did was install legal (50%) which means applying 70% VLT film to stay above 50% when metered.

The waiver the customer signs CLEARLY states their vehicle is/will be used for SHOW and OFFROAD applications with a definition of what that vehicle type is ie: not drivin on any roadways or highways and is trailered to and fro and releases me and/or my company of any and all liabilities. The waiver I have was paid for and typed up by an attorney to hold up in court if the case were to ever arise. Yeah, I tint them "illegal" but also abide by the technical "legal" laws meaning, the only cars I put darker than legal on are SHOW and OFFROAD vehicles...which my customers appearently own a crapload of hehehe. The rest of you...

Smart move.

Law enforcement seems to be cracking down everywhere you look these days; they must be tired of seeing the general public doing what's known as, "The normalization of deviance".

Archived