Global Ceramic questions

Bringing back an old thread.....

The QDP-C Has been around a while now.... How are people liking in ??

Has anyone done any side by side comparisons to other manufactures offerings in this category ??

Thanks! :thumb

i like it a lot. It is easy to tuck, the shrink is the same imo as qdp. I have yet to do a corvette bubble backglass in it though. The new IR film from global is very nice too and imo rivals the other windshield films. The clarity is great, and sets up quickly. The only thing wrong with the film line imo is no 50% yet, and in the IR series no 80% yet. I hear they are working on both though. I have the new CTX available as well in my shop for ppl who would prefer an american made film (and the air 80), most of my customers love the global as much as they have ever loved the CTX. The CTX is easier to shrink, but not by a huge amount imo. After a few years of shrinking, we don't notice the difference in shrinkability between most films. Stat wise here is the link if you want to compare one film to another. The windshield film is the Ice Cool Gray. Supposedly it rivals the other films in the same categories. It does say all the %'s there, but some aren't here yet.

http://www.globalwindowfilms.com/techspecs-premium-auto.htm

Looking at the properties on ewf website between 50% HP and 50% ceramic it doesn't look like they are that much different. I've read of people having trouble with HP and satellite radio GPS and things of that nature but have never personally experienced it. Is there something I'm missing here? If there is more profit to be made here with this film I'd like to offer it but I'm not seeing the difference. Can anyone explain this?

Solar control won't make you buy a 60in roll. I buy 4 different %s and all in different sizes. I do buy some of the %s in the 60in, but not all. As to their hp line I have never used it, a local hack shop ruined hp and metallic films around here. Everyone associates it with the crappy shop work which is a bummer.

Archived