suntek carbon update information

ive seen alot of recent threads on suntek carbon,, their warranty covers fading but some of u mentioned that is does change color into purple over time. I asked one of my reps about ti and she said that it should never do that and if it did it the past , that problem has been taken care of now. Is this true or is it still changing color? the warranty states that it has a lifetime warranty against fading but someone states that it doesn't include color change?!

any recent updates on the durability of the film would be greatly appreciated !

What I remeber being said was the Carbon didn't change color but the HP would go purple.....

The warranty won't cover change of color but I can't see how it could change color and NOT change darkness. Color change would be loss of some of the dyes so it would have to lose darkness.

I use Carbon every day and have for 6 years or so. I have seen it change on my own vehicle, mainly the 5% front strip. It was not a huge change, but I did notice a difference after 3 years or so. I mentioned it to the rep a couple years ago and she seemed a little confused. If they changed something, great. If not, I would still be happy with the product. I have not had a warranty issue with ST in a long time. :twocents

is it better to carry a ceramic film as an upgrade instead of the carbon u think? or what would u recommend ? I was gonna use my poly dyed film as the into, suntek carbon as the upgrade and then a ceramic as the premium... but if I can avoid the middle upgrade and go straight for the ceramic, maybe that would be best..?

The only thing about the ceramic is the look of it. I think it is nice to have the Carbon in there or something like it for people not wanting the ceramic look. It's always nice to have choices, but not too many I think.

yah thats true. well did the suntek turn a lil bit purple or mostly just fade a couple shades and still remain black for the most part?

The 5% strip just turned a little purple. Remember this was done about 6 years ago.

SunTek Carbon is a hybrid film composed of both Dye and Carbon. It says so even on their box "Carbon Dyed Film". It WILL discolor into a brown in 5 years. The dye will fade away but the carbon will remain intact. Carbon's truest color is brown, not purple. Those that claim that ST Carbon will purple are not completely wrong because depending on the angle of view, light brown can be mistaken for a light purple.

Thats why yz101 only noticed "a little purple"... thats the extent of ST Carbon.

I'd stick with LLumar ATC, this film will bubble before you see any purple.

Archived