Cheap competition affecting you?

If installers are charging next to nothing for a job, then they are using products that are worth next to nothing, and I would bet that a quality install is not on their mind. And in time they will be found out. Building long term local business is key, if you rely on dealer work, then that can be gone in an instant... Then you are left trying to pick up the pieces. Or undercutting prices at another dealership.

The fact of the matter is... Most people (Not all) are willing to pay extra for a quality result. No matter the brand of film you choose to use... They will often take the cheapest first time around, but generally learn their lesson. Some simply can not afford to pay much, so they will have their mind set on the cheapest price regardless. The economy is unpredictable at the present, and so people must be wary as to how to spend their hard earned. This is feeding the guys out there doing tinting for scraps.

I feel that a combination of:

Dealership work being taken by groups such as M1..

A high number of vehicles coming standard with pre-tinted glass...

And a flood of cheap asian film coming into the market...

Has contributed to a steady decline in the industry over the past 5-10 years. And it doesn't appear to be a silver lining. I am trying very hard with the Independent Network to help, but it takes "time and money" which I have only so much of. But things have been put in place that should have a great affect for years to come....

We are also working on a Good, Better, Best program for our auto film range, It represents options for the Custy... But not too many options. And it is easy to say to a custy that here is the cheapest option, but these other options will out perform that. (Good-Carbonite) (Better- Oxide) (Best-Ceramix) All 3 are color stable, all 3 are signal friendly and all 3 have been tested beyond any other films. I would rate them as the most user friendly films on the market, and best value for money.. Engineered for the Australian market. And a percentage of the sale of these products goes directly back to support independent tinting professionals in Aus...

That really does sound like a plug... Sorry... But I am pretty passionate about our industry. And I am doing something about it. Who else will?

Archived