Solar Gard: NR Charcoal -vs- Supreme

Hello all,

I was just wondering, what are the differences between these two lines that Solar Gard provide? Which is better to work with, thick, easier to shrink etc?

It will be good to hear from different guys that have used both of them.

Thanks in advance.

Supreme is color stable... uhh NOT. LOL.

Major purpling issues if you're a solargard dealer for the past 15 years like me. But Supreme HP will hold its color a little bit longer.

Forget Supreme and NR Charcoal or even NR Smoke.

If you're going to use a SG film, use Galaxie.

Guest forbees

supreme is supposed to be color stable, it doesn't shrink quite as well as NR, and the adhesive is much less aggressive. but it's one of the only color stable 1mil films that I can think of (if you prefer 1mil over 1.5)

if you use this, use some kind of adhesive accelerator in your bottle mix (ultra bond, rapid tac, w/e)

Tint

Supreme is color stable... uhh NOT. LOL.

Major purpling issues if you're a solargard dealer for the past 15 years like me. But Supreme HP will hold its color a little bit longer.

Forget Supreme and NR Charcoal or even NR Smoke.

If you're going to use a SG film, use Galaxie.

I think you have the products confused.

Supreme is one of the most color stable films we have in our lineup.

First of all, it has not been on the market 15 years. Secondly, it is an extruded product. Drop in a jar of acetone and watch, it will not change color like died films. (This takes a couple weeks).

Hello all,

I was just wondering, what are the differences between these two lines that Solar Gard provide? Which is better to work with, thick, easier to shrink etc?

It will be good to hear from different guys that have used both of them.

Thanks in advance.

Last time I used supreme it creased when you looked at it and the NR turnes purple. :twocents

NR is a non color stable 5 year film. The color is awesome, NR17 is probably hands down the best match for factory tint on trucks that exists but yes, it is certainly not color stable.

Supreme being a 1mil thick film in a world of 1.5mil films does tend to get that sentiment sometimes. Some love it, some hate it.

Benefits are it dries faster than anything I've seen, some can shrink it around a soccer ball. The clarity is insane too.

Downfall is yes, you must be more delicate with that 1mil film, to each his own but one thing I did want to make clear is that this film is as color stable as it gets.

Hope all is well Stan, are you Italy yet?

If I were to use SG film for auto it would be hpch. I have had it on my work truck for 12 years now and am just now starting to see some distortion. Supreme does shrink like butter. I'm not a fan of any manufacture 1 mill film. What about the Galaxy line? I don't know enough about it to give feedback.

Tim, been here so long I can't remember my home address! Leaving Rome this morning for Naples, great gig to work!!

Archived