20% behind driver now LEGAL in Western Australia

Hey this is BIG NEWS for our industry everyone and West Aussie Tinters are about to have a change!

The Govt of WA says this... and there's an attachment with the full details but it was too big to upload sorry guys...I can email it to anyone that wants it...

Passenger Vehicles: A minimum of 20% VLT tint can now be applied to windows behind the B pillar provided that external rear vision mirrors complying with ADR14 are fitted to the exterior on each side of the vehicle.

Note: All windows whether tint has been applied or not forward of the "B" pillar must have a VLT of at least 35%.

If I can help out with anything from Solar Gard as we have 35% auto films that blend in really nicely with 20% on the rear without looking like an afterthought or 2 different colours.

For more info please contact me: Carlo.cicchini@saint-gobain.com or 0418 899 539

A great opportunity now for Rob and the WFAANZ to lobby the rest of the states to fall into line and finally have consistant laws between all the states

Michael Miller is the president of the WFAANZ Daz, Rob stood down when Saint Gobain took over SolarGard. He was given the top job at SG.

Michael Miller is the national sales manager over at MEP Films. Just a heads up.... There will be 2 people with the same name on the WFAANZ commitee at some stage this year. 1 will be representing MEP and their interests, and the other will be representing independents. :D

Yes this amendment also strengthens WFAANZ's cause in their discussions with transport departments in other states so hopefully others will follow suit like WA and NT. It should be common sense really! Rob Hamiltion is the Vice President of WFAANZ and 2 Michael Miller's in the association is going to confuse a few, tongues will be wagging...

When I find out I will let you know as I'm also curious what made the change happen. Rob Hamilton has been trying to get 10,000 signatures for a petition where a guy in parliament said if we get that many signatures he would go and battle for us to try to stop the discrimination between privacy glass and 35% and change our laws. I hope everyone understands (this is my understanding of it) that its the 'Federal Law' that allows those cars to come into the country due to the free trade agreement a few years ago and it's our 'state laws' that don't allow us to tint as dark as that. Now that is finally changing in some states of Australia. If anyone does want to sign the petition, easiest way is to go onto Facebook and just 'like' the page called 'auto film petition' or speak to your rep or WFAANZ or ask me and I can send you an A4 paper that you can have on your counter for anyone and everyone to sign and then send that to WFAANZ.

And more power to Rob if he succeeds, he's had my signature for a while now but I suppose I could sign a few more times :D

I'm willing to stick the petition on my counter if you can send me one TL, just about every custy I have would sign it.

Don't know if a FB like would qualify as a sig. though as far as influencing officialdom goes, generally you would need a sig, address and contact number to be considered legit.

Yes a 'like' on Facebook officially counts as a vote and WFAANZ promote it and its one of the easiest ways to do it. If you go onto the WFAANZ website you can download the form for the petition on their homepage. I must say the more help we can get to spread this the better. The Facebook likes have only gone up from 56 to 61 likes over the past few months so a little more traction would be Very much appreciated. There are so many different opinions from tinters and the public and I know it's a touchy subject to some but 20% behind the driver doesn't pose any risk to driving unsafely in my opinion so it's got my vote all the way...

Archived