Need tint recommendation for our Teslas

Guest SanDiegoTeslaClub

Thanks to everyone. I appreciate all the suggestions.

We decided to go with Formula One Pinnacle. Surprisingly, a lot of people also want the panoramic roof tinted, even though it's very dark now.

I can't see it, but if that's what they want...

For those who want it, we'll also go with Air Blue 80 on the front windshield, unless anyone has better suggestion for the front windshield.

great pick

Guest davenyctint

Garware and Nexfil.

Stick with F1 Pinnacle on those Teslas. I love Pinnacle and Huper!

Outa curiosity, how bad is the ghosting on the back? Just trying to figure out if this can be avoided especially to the really picky arse customers.

Guest SanDiegoTeslaClub

I have not noticed any ghosting on the back window. But everyone on the teslamotorsclub.com website is now raving about Premier Photosync film. Supposed to reduce heat a lot more than any other film. But it's EXPENSIVE.

Guest chipguard

we tint for Tesla Canada and they always request two options, the first is a common 3M Color Stable, the 2nd is a clearer 3M Crystalline film. I find the Color Stable goes on fairly early. Crystalline can be difficult to work with, especially on the front windshield. Though I think that you made a good choice with the Formula One.

Both products perform similarly; Pinnacle compared to Crystalline has very similar TSER to the extent that one or two percentage points under this parameter is insgnificant when in a car. Crystalline is understood to have a color coated scratch resistent coating and Pinnacle is a separate deep-dye laminate layer of polyester to a ceramic coated layer of polyester, with the industry's toughest scratch coat.

The maker of Pinnacle (now Eastman Chemical Company is the world's largest manufacturer of window film and window film components used by other brand names) still hold the patents on the deep-dye process and is known throughout the film industry for this capability. Eastman makes all components for their brand name products in house except the polyester, which is bought from the number one maker of quality polyester in the world. They can control all aspects of film quality during production, works closely with their polyester supplier to obtain only the highest quality substrate as their base film, and this is not something that can be said about competitive products who have their products farmed out.

Do not get caught up in a 97% infrared rejection number at 940-950 nanometers in wavelength; it is one of the weakest and lowest intensity of iinfrared energy coming from the sun. That said; rejecting 97% of low intensity energy from the sun isn't saying much for film product performance. Please compare TSER numbers to know the true and more accurate measure of a film products ability to screen all the sun's energy.

Buy Pinnacle, which has a transferrable warranty (to my knowledge) that goes with the car first time it's sold to another person. :thumb

To much cool aid today! It's all good!!!

Cheers

Archived