New 3M Spray-on PPF

Anyone seen this yet? or Tried it?

Saw a commercial for it last night on TV. A New 3M product.

The commercial shows a rock from space coming towards earth glowing red and eventually hits this poor guys hood.

Then it shows the spray being applied and then shows it being pulled up, just like regular film.

We're going to get some and put it through some tests because I know we'll get that phone call, "why should I have you put your film on when I can buy this stuff from pep boys".

It does say it's made for 1 year of protection. One review I read stated it didn't look very well after the guy installed it.

YouTube also has a video of a girl applying it.

I wonder why it only lasts 1 year, maybe it yellows. ha

http://Capture.png

There was another company out there that had a similar idea except it was for bugs, Bugshield?. You painted it on the front of motor homes with a brush and after traveling you peeled it off and peeled all the bugs and debris came off, and underneath was a clean motor home again. Bugshield wouldn't stop a rock from space though.

So, 3M says its only good for one year right out off the bat now. Too bad they never warned about leaving the film they sold me on a customers car too long. I bet keeping debis out of that stuff while its drying is going to be impossible.

IMAG0145_zps8b267b31.jpg

Seen a few reviews on it already and it doesn't stay on well. A few people have had it begin to peel immediately after driving... plus it took a while to tape off the car and spray it. Didn't look that good either. Just another gimmick that will be here and gone.

Archived