dogs and tinted windows

hi, i just had a question today about a customers dog having the likelyhood of scratching at windows after film is installed. i have film with good scratch coat, but to handle her little pug trying to escape through the window. it wont hold up.

customer stated she will just try to lock the dog down somehow. but i had the thought of using 4 mil window film. ive hacked at my personal vehicle with the seat buckle from inside and have had no sighn of damage.

on the down side the dog would still scratch the outer most layer. even if not reaching any die or color. and leave marks.

Sure clear bra it then when all jacked up take off. Put new one on top of film . Where going to need some DNA. Hope fully keep the dog in one side.So then. You can do one side for them. Worked for the D.PD .k9 cars got 12 of them done . Works great ! Come backs are good

SR coatings won't hold up against dogs scratching them. Tell her the film has a good SR coating but it's not designed for abuse like that. If her dog does too much damage, have her bring it back and charge her for an r&r on any window needing it. The problem with 4mil over top of tint is that it may pull the underlying film off if/when it's removed. A Pug is a tiny dog, but those little feet can flail and move like a featherweight boxer. It may damage both layers, and if that happens the customer might think you are responsible for fixing it since that's what you recommended in the first place. Just my :twocents

Archived