New workshop

Despite the slightly gloomy outlook we are hearing about in the media I have moved into much bigger and better premises. More rent to pay but I think the extra space, reception area and location is well worth it. To help get the new address out there and widen the net of potential future customers I was thinking of doing a competition on facebook. You know the like and share my fb page for a chance to win a free tint job. I know its worked great for a mate's business in the uk, has anyone here had a go? btw www.facebook.com/hvelite :thumb

Hey JJ, I hope in my heart of hearts that the bigger workshop turns out to be a great move. I am unsure in the lack of enquires that come your way via the Independent network. It seems to get lots of enquiries in the Newie area, but misses Singo for some reason. I can not control who and where, but hopefully you have had lots of leads via the ITN. We will never know as many just call directly. I only ever see the emails that are sent via windowtint.com.au.

Please be careful in regard to the FB comps, you are by law bound to offer T's and C's, and to register those Terms. So just be careful if you are just offering a free car tint or something like that. But like it or not, Facebook is becoming a new type of advertising. And the good thing is that it can localize the enquiries you get.

Me personally, I am just not into it. I have set it up in the fear that I will miss out on putting a friendly independent tinter in the ITN before we launch in a few weeks.

If your work ethics are anything to come by, then you will have no issue growing your business in your area. If I can help... I will. I would be more than happy to come up and lay some film when you are stuck. Just let me know.

Good on you JJ.

Your a top bloke GTS!! I have had a few enquiries from the ITN but I would really like to raise my profile this side of the hunter, it has slowed up a lot since the local coal mines have tightened their collective belts.

There are companies like raffle copter (according to my wife who had her own handbag business online!) that can take care of the competition for you. I agree I would rather not give anything away for free but I thought it may be a good way to get some more business.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Hey dev, I'm more "mines and wines" than "sand and surf"!! We live in a tiny town called Greta, it's 20 mins from singleton and the same to Maitland. As I haven't got the hang of uploading pics on TD check it out on Facebook.

Archived