Just found my new best friend

Most clear transfer tapes are not made for wet applications as the water does not penetrate them like the paper masks. For dry applications of vinyl I find they have their place in my box but for tint films that go on wet they do not lose their tack on the material being transferred I find.

Hmmmm. I did not think about how it was going to release off the lettering. This logo is going up wet,but with little if any slip. I will leave the mask up for a couple hours before I try to pull it.

I would go cut a small piece of your material and test it out at the shop to save yourself some heartache on the customers site. Just so you can be prepared for how it works.

Most clear transfer tapes are not made for wet applications as the water does not penetrate them like the paper masks. For dry applications of vinyl I find they have their place in my box but for tint films that go on wet they do not lose their tack on the material being transferred I find.

Hmmmm. I did not think about how it was going to release off the lettering. This logo is going up wet,but with little if any slip. I will leave the mask up for a couple hours before I try to pull it.

I would go cut a small piece of your material and test it out at the shop to save yourself some heartache on the customers site. Just so you can be prepared for how it works.

Thanks for the heads up. .. I just tried a piece with my typical slip and that solution is far to slippery. I think straight water or even a bit of alcohol will be fine. I had a. Small section up for about 5 minutes and it started to stick but the transfer tape is far more aggressive than paper so it wanted to grab the DC. I think a hour or so to dry would make a big difference.

For some that have an allergy to Latex or rubber adhesive this one seems to cause faster reactions.

If you notice your hands are getting itchy or irritated and extra dry you may need to adjust your procedures.

Ummm why do I see 3M liner in your Correct Spec?

... Scrap piece in the pile, thought it was CS....my bad.

Archived