Suntek - HELP

HELP

I bought a material in my country and I do not know if it's original.

The Code is: FGPPFC0048011-100 and MR # U7229803-22.

I bought it as if it were brand SUNTEK.

Please, if anyone here uses material from Suntek confirm to me if this stuff really is Suntek and would also like to know about the specs of this material.

I checked that the product is thinner than Xpel Ultimate.

The Suntek PPF is actually thinner than the Xpel?

Here in Brazil we have many problems to buy the original material, especially after the Chinese entered this market.

The only sure thing about this product is that it was manufactured in the United States.

Thanks to all

that sounds like a suntek roll number.. suntek is 6 mil if I'm not mistaken.

The Suntek produces materials of various thicknesses?

I know Avery, 3M produces PPF of various thicknesses.

The thickness influences the protection, right?

Thanks

It's not all about the thickness... (That's what she said)

I found out that some materials that are thicker, will puncture easily with a screwdriver, while some that are that fraction thinner may stretch double it's length before puncturing.

Also, some manufacturers (AVERY) for some reason only list the thickness of the urethane, while most others count the adhesive in the total thickness of the product.

Plus, what good is great protection if the customer wants you to take the film off their car because it yellowed 6 months later. (VS, LLumar)

I put the first couple shipments of Suntek on a white porsche about a year and a half ago, and it still looks clear, with no obvious yellowing. Plus, it seems to be holding up well against impacts also.

Some film will tear easily once it gets a cut in it, while others are really tough in resisting tears.

Then, there is the adhesive. I still like the adhesive of Avery and Llumar best out of everything I've installed, but the Llumar is crap for durability in my experience. (Had to re-cover about 4 full front end jobs at this point. Llumar said they will send me more film, but no labor, and why would I or my customer want to put 'guaranteed to yellow' film on their car again??) The Avery adhesive was a thing of beauty. You could do the full install with 50/50 alcohol mix (From a 70% bottle, so technically 35% alcohol to water) and it would LOVE it. But, then Avery left me hanging from a tree for over a year with no product.

At this point, Suntek FTW. (I just wish they could improve the adhesive 20% and it would be as close to perfect as I think the film is ever going to get)

Oh, and I wish they would stop using tape on the rolls to ship. It damages the first wrap of film, on every single roll. Wrapping a piece of paper around the roll, and taping the paper doesn't damage. Please Suntek?

Archived