Estimate Software

I wanted to see if anyone uses a software for doing estimates?

I work for a company that stays super busy with FG work. We currently use solargards estimate app for an ipad to do all of our estimates. It works well but falls short that i cant customize it to film that is not from SG and i really wish we could import files into Quickbooks. Im looking for a new program that is basic enough to customize to any product and price, can email direct to a customer and import to quickbooks so we dont have to double type everything. Doest such a thing exist?

Hey Mike, We have a system that allows our trade customers to select from the roll sizes available, then enter their sizes in Millimetres. You can add as many sizes as needed, then press calculate. It will then display the exact sqm of the job, and also the exacxt price of the material to the cent. Each trade customer has a set trade only price, and can only see their individual prices when logged in.

e.g. http://www.tintingsupplies.com.au/shop/residential-and-commercial-window-film/neutral/150/neutral-35-vlt-natural-tone

This has helped me on many, many jobs, and has helped countless others as well. I can quote based on the area of the job, or I know exactly how much the material will cost, and quote based on an hourly rate after material costs. It is quite simply great. I am also looking into developing an app that will automatically produce a quote that will allow the installer to upload their logo and company info, job info, and special notes, and produce a professional looking quote instantly that can be saved, and emailed directly to the customer in just seconds.

All the best.

windowfilmbid.com was developed by a friend and former employer of mine.

All web based. A salesman can submit a bid, admin can approve and schedule.

Installers log in for scheduled work.

It's a cool setup, built for growing a business, with every part able to be altered or posted on the fly from anywhere.

Oh, and it has follow up prompts, cost of goods, spiffs over/under.

All programmable for your particular product.

I know they worked with a developer ( ongoing even) for over a year and spent

lots making it work like it does.

Thanks Kats, i sent in a request for info. I will look into Hanitas also.

Theres a couple contractor estimating software companies i found on Intuits website that can import directly into quickbooks. I may do a trial on a couple, if they look good I will put the good word out.

Thanks!

Archived