SunTek film

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SQUEEGEE

I use both Llummy ATR and Suntek HP daily. Llumar ATR has a more agressive adhesive but more of a grainy grey look. Suntek HP matches factory tint better and handles better IMHO. Long term? I know for a fact that Llulu holds up longer than 3yrs. I've only seen Suntek's performance for 2-yrs in real world (TX) applications and so far so good. If it still looks good after three yrs then I'll go Suntek exclusively. Statistics (yoyos) and $$$ will favor Suntek if the results are positive. I'm still waiting.

I will give Llulu one thing hands down over Suntek is that if you tint an old hoopty, Llulu can and does hide alot 'o junk (dirt, felt etc.). Perhaps the thickness and graininess of the film helps. :nope

Been using Suntech over a year and LULU almost 2 and price and what squeege said is definitely 100% true,I prefere LULU for the fact it does hide a little better and the ATR 40 is a tad bit darker than what Sunteck sales here to be legal ,35% :spit

Really NIce FIlm and Best of all they are Cheaper then sydlin or anyother name brand I have Heard of ia m SUre... I am ( thier Std Series also Shrink very good and HOOld UP really NIce in WInter I am talking COLD NY WEATHER)... U SHOULD GET IT... their HP series is very GOOD I like it better then LULULULU... VERY EASY TO SHRINK.... Easy SHrink. AND GoOD Adhesive.. HEY which Series u was having problem with from Sydlin was it Global, or the HAnita... ANd one more thing WHere in NY are u From...

Guest denvertinter

If you're interested, a friend (shop owner) of mine has contracted with CP (makers of SunTek) to produce and sell a "very similar" line of films under the brand name Solar Optik. He's been selling the films in Europe (where he's from originally) and the middle east.

Basically, it's the same film in a different box, but it's VERY reasonably priced. ---(plus shipping if needed) for a 60" roll that can be cut into a 36 and 24 for example. Comes in all the standard flavors.

I've been using it at my shop for about 8 months with great success (no returns for film issues). We also use 3Ms CS mainly b/c I like it and it's easy to up sell for some more $. Worst case it's a great option for "cheap" jobs if someone balks at the higher end film's price.

Anyone interested (nationally or internationally) please feel free to contact me and I'll get you a roll to try (not free :lol ), or maybe a free sample (enough to do a car).

hamiltonevan@hotmail.com

good luck.

......contracted with CP (makers of SunTek) to.....

this is news to me?? I thought commonwealth laminating and coating made suntek?? :booga

and please refrain from posting prices of film on the board as there are lots of public eyes in here from time to time and it's none of their business what we pay for film. thanks

Archived