cutting window film on a Rolland Gx24

Guest Homer J

Guest Homer J

i have heard of people cutting window film on a vinyl cutter, like the designs to install underneath the film, like flames, skulls, tribal and stuff like that, how does this work??? I put a layer of film on some medium tack transfer tape and tried to cut some flames with the blade force way down but it still cut threw both, what am I doing wrong?

Guest kccartint

You need to back off on the force and check blade depth on the pen. Use a small square or other shape to test cut until you get the depth you need. Another big mistake I see a lot of people make is leaving a beat up old cutting strip on when cutting window film. The cutting strip has to be in good shape unlike with PPF and vinyl. I would loose the transfer tape all together and slow the plotter down to a crawl. Should cut just fine without it if the plotter isn't going too fast.

Guest Homer J

well the problem I really noticed is, when its cutting the part that its already cut seems to just flop around bcuz they are no backing to hold it still and it messes up everything.. idk ,maybe I can ifind a video on youtube to see how others do it. but thanks for the info tho, I will keep trying til I get it.

Archived