Test of chemical resistance of PPF - 3M, Avery, KPMF, ORAFOL, XPEL and

The little that I have heard about the clearshield is that you must use a steamer during application while others do not. I would like to get into the ppf game but there are so many different films out there just like tint. I have no clue which way to turn. 

I have been installing Clearshield for about 7 years. It does have to be installed with a steamer and goes on pretty easy, but I ordered samples of Nano-Fusion film and may be changing soon. The Clearshield has too much orange peel and ripples in it and we get too many complaints on high end cars. NOW....Clearshield claims as of March 1st or shortly after, they are changing over to plastic backing that they claim will cure the orange peel texture issue that is caused from paper backing.

I'm just tired of installing with steam and want to change over to a very smooth surfaced film that requires no steam to install. I just got Nano Fusion samples in the last 30 days and I am very impressed even on the most difficult colors and smoothest paint jobs it looks awesome.

Archived