Headlight/taillight tint

http://m1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa347/jhardison812/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=ResizedImage_1377823622246.jpg

Got the smoke in today and I'm about ready to blow my brains out! On top of that get up here after not for a few hours and hear of 8 year old doing this. What's my problem guys I'm getting nothing but a bunch of freaking creases. I'm cleaning with alcohol water mix and applying with straight water. Tried with the heat gun and went out and bought a cheapo steamer. Please help.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you using for a solution? Don't try to get all the vinyl down at once. anchor it down in th middle and work your way out. Keep it wet all the time and start a small section at a time. Even if you get a crease you can pull the vinyl back up and flatten it back out with the steamer. Lift and pull.

You could probably get most of that light with no heat by just pulling while pushing down with your felt edge hard card.

I was reading up here that using the same solution wouldn't work and make the corners lift. Guess that's wrong?

I use about half tint solution half straight water. There has to be some slip so you can push the water out.

Yeah guess I'm just not getting the concept yet. I do have a huge learning curve, takes me quite a while. Been using a white hard card with paper towel. I think I'm just trying to rush it to much. Gonna give it another shot tomorrow morning. I'll try the soap and water also.

Squeegee the vinyl til it's a about to crease then lift the film off the lens and heat it with the steamer til it's flat then lay it down on the lens and push out the water where it's flat so it stays in place and repeat. You don't need a lot of heat.

Have you ever done ppf?

http://m1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa347/jhardison812/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=ResizedImage_1377859671725.jpg

Painted 600rr you da man thanks for the help. I got up this morning went straight out to the garage and banged it out. I did have a couple small creases but nothing like yesterday.I changed the solution and slowed down. Only question now is about trimming. How do you get it looking good when its right up against the fender?

Archived