Removing factory ppf stone guards

Customer brought in a 2005 G35 to redo the stone guards and sill plates. 6 pieces total. Very clean car. PPF is just old and abused. This stuff is like concrete. Any tips to get the adhesive off? On the metal I ended up using an eraser but I cannot do that on the rocker panel because it's plastic. Please help. This is a nightmare!

Oh what I've tried so far. Heat and steam will burn the to layer good but then the adhesive is still on there like concrete. Acetone. Denatured alcohol. Thinner. 3M adhesive remover

The best product i found to get PPF glue off when its thick, is stuff called quick and easy adhesive remover . You can get it from an auto body supply place. Spray it on, let it sit ,then scrape layer by layer off with a hard card.

I just did a redo on a vehicle that had the ppf on for 3 yrs not sure what kind but left lots of adhesive. I used Sikkens M600, just damp the adhesive till wet, let it sit for 5-10min and then used a hard card and a plastic blade. Trick was to make sure the adhesive stays wet, don't let the M600 flash/dry. The plastic blade was my best friend that day.

Archived