Plastic glass

It was plastic..... Just checked today, learned a couple things today. Thanks boys

Plastic? Wow! I am very surprised...

I think you have already discussed this with Mick - using Hanita's Polyzone correct?

Another option is "Permasun". It's a metallised vinyl frost that is amazingly "see-thru".

TSER = 67% and it has low external reflectivity.

Suitable for plastics

Ask Mick to organise a sample if that may be an option.

Order code is Dv29.

Wow, thank you boys. Your help is much appreciated. One of my first FG jobs so kind of a stump for me. That see through vinyl sounds quite interesting, really after the cheapest I guess as I don't believe I can order pre cut by the sq.m. Unless someone wants to go halves ha. I've talked to mick a couple times, he's a legend. I'm guessing your Alex? Nice to meet u in advance mate, ill just have to get prices so if you could pm them to me please if you have them or where to go to get then please

Thanks

Geez 35, you nailed a curly one for your 1st FG job.

I would think about skipping out on this job unless your custy understands the limitations of tinting on 'plastic'.

It will always be a bit of a compromise due to the limitations of what you can install.

I wonder how many other tinters have passed it on to the more inexperienced guy?

If your going to do the job, just realise that film will tack off to plastic almost immediately, making it difficult to position and squeegee out.

You cannot cut on plastic without scoring it and when you do trim your edges, your knife will dig in to the plastic and want to track in off the edge. Just a heads up.

Geez 35, you nailed a curly one for your 1st FG job.

I would think about skipping out on this job unless your custy understands the limitations of tinting on 'plastic'.

It will always be a bit of a compromise due to the limitations of what you can install.

I wonder how many other tinters have passed it on to the more inexperienced guy?

If your going to do the job, just realise that film will tack off to plastic almost immediately, making it difficult to position and squeegee out.

You cannot cut on plastic without scoring it and when you do trim your edges, your knife will dig in to the plastic and want to track in off the edge. Just a heads up.

Thanks daz, good point about the application. I've already passed it away but she seemed keen, and 3 lovely old ladies I might say. Lol nothing passed on by someone else I was the first to inspect and I even mentioned to be wary of other tinters saying its fine so they don't get hurt in the end. I thought about it tacking immediately aswell as the quite deep scratches already in it, maybe squeegeing on top of them might cause some damage. Gotta admit though, would be kinda nice to come up with a solution and put some film up still ha. Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm keen. Ask gts about the farms at ingleburn hahaha

Ha hahaha, don't worry I already did, then had to join in with the pretend laugh like I was joking with them as they laughed me off. Gts has a film I'm going to look at that big owl mentioned..... Solar control on plastic, would be quite interesting to throw it up.

Archived