How long does it take you?

2 hours on a sedan using my plotter. 3 to 4 If I hand cut. Im not great at hand cutting. Scratched a window once or twice too. I tell my customers COMPUTER CUT no cutting on the car, some like it some don't care they just want cheap

2 hours on a sedan using my plotter. 3 to 4 If I hand cut.

So it would take you 1-2 hrs for strictly cutting ?

Keep practicing , eventually you'll get it down to 15min or less for a whole car and it will always come out perfect and you can instead use handcraft tint as an upsell !

I use between 1.5 and 2 hours on normal cars (golf, bmw,  etc) Depends on costomers, phone Calls etc. I ALLWAYS hand cut and always remove door panels.

I run my own tinting Company so to me both quality and speed is key. quality is most important, but i need to be fast as well.

1.5-2hrs hand cut or with a plotter. Id love to see that video of the 14min install though, I think we could probably all do that.....but it would be extremely difficult and it would almost certainly look like shit haha

True. Most shops I've worked at over the years have no use for a tinter that can't crank-out 5-7 quality tint jobs per day. The average tinter here in Colorado Springs would have a very tough time finding a job in places like Vegas or Phoenix. Most here can only do 3 quality installs per day. Which is fine here, but in cities where new car dealers tint just about everything, time is of the essence. Ya gotta tint 'em or they get sold without tint and shop loses money.

I'm getting old, like you grampa I've been tinting since 1980 and I tinted in Vegas for 3 plus years, there it is all about speed at most shops except at the best shops in town, for example I can do a complete honda civic, 9 windows including ports in less then an hour hand cutting it but I can't do more then 6 complete cars a day, just to old and wear out quick but to get to the question of how long it should take on every car I tell the customer that it takes 2 hours to do but I like to have the car for 4 to make sure the curing process starts good. never get complaints about that and if you get bombarded with calls or customers it buys you some time or if you overbooked yourself your still good. doing mobile is a little different as you have to leave right away and if you run into problems it can take a little longer plus your environment is a lot harder to control. IMO you can't put a time limit on Quality work.

So are all you big number installing guys (by yourself) say you never have a call back for a hair or a bit of dirt or a lift here or there or a finger that has popped up after the job or anything?

I find that hard to believe the full and real story as this tale has 2 sides of which one we never ever hear of the true dark side.

Devil

So are all you big number installing guys (by yourself) say you never have a call back for a hair or a bit of dirt or a lift here or there or a finger that has popped up after the job or anything?

I find that hard to believe the full and real story as this tale has 2 sides of which one we never ever hear of the true dark side.

Devil

I've met plenty of "10 car / day" tinters. But in all my years I've never seen a single one of them actually achieve it, let alone to a high standard.

If there's a way to do them that fast, and that perfect, I'd sure love to know about it.